2023 Relocation Guide Photo Contest!
The Kodiak Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce our annual photo contest!
Open NOW – December 14th, this contest is to find Kodiak’s best images featuring work and play in Kodiak and to have those images fill the pages, including the cover of the 2023 Kodiak Chamber of Commerce Relocation Guide!
- The 1st Place winner will receive $300
- The 2nd Place winner will receive $200
- The 3rd place winner will receive $100
- $50 will be given to the winner of the following categories:
- Chamber Events – Crab Festival/Parade, ComFish, Business After Hours, Ribbon Cuttings, Annual Dinner, Coast Guard Appreciation Dinner, Clean-up Days
- Outdoor Adventure – camping, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, surfing, bonfires, etc.
- Scenery – landscapes, sunrises, sunsets, wildflowers, downtown Kodiak, mountains, boat harbors, bunkers, Russian Orthodox church, etc
- Transportation – fishing boats, ferries, float planes, Alaska Airlines, cruise ships, etc
- Wildlife – Bears, fox, bison, horse, birds, otters, deer, elk, mountain goats, whales, orca, etc
- Fishing – Commercial fishing boats, fish processing, harbor photos, people with the fish they caught, people fishing, bears fishing, etc
- Coast Guard – ships, planes, helicopters, fire trucks, events, etc
- Alutiiq Culture – dancers, artifacts, inside of museums, cultural events
- Submissions must reach our office by 5 PM on Wednesday, December 14th, 2022 to be considered. Winners will be announced by 5 PM on Monday, January 9th, 2023.
- Entries should be submitted in the highest resolution possible. Entries will be accepted on a USB drive, Google Drive, DropBox, WeTransfer or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
- When possible, please include pertinent information about the photo (place, when, where, who took the photo, etc.) in your metadata so that we can appropriately name the location.
- The photographer must sign the photo release provided by the Kodiak Chamber of Commerce, allowing the Chamber to use the images to promote Kodiak and the Chamber of Commerce.